Building or remodeling structures follows certain logical progressive steps. Some work can be done independently of other work, however, most stages of work follow the critical-path method. This means that a particular stage needs to be finished before the next can start and/or finish. After the contract is signed and deposit is paid, work can commence. The list below will help illustrate this. Your questions are always welcome.
- Permitting and planning: Plans are submitted for review, approval and permitting. A job schedule is created, initial materials are ordered, subcontractors are contacted and scheduled as the job progresses.
- Site preparation:
- Excavation and foundation
- Framing of building / Windows and Exterior Doors:
- Roofing / Siding and Exterior Trim / Exterior Paint and finishes.
- Electrical / Mechanical/ Plumbing rough-ins.
- Drywall / Plaster
- Interior Finish Carpentry / Cabinetry
- Interior Painting / Wallpapering and Finishes.
- Tile / Countertops / Flooring
- Finish Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing / Appliances
- Final Inspections and Punch List.
- Contract Completion
- Move In!